Thursday, July 9, 2009

Wisdom is where you find it

Went cruising around the adidas web site the other day. Yes, "adidas" is how they style themselves. And who am I to fight with success?

A friend at adidas got me pit passes for a NASCAR event in this area. I was thinking about getting a t-shirt featuring his sponsored driver, Dale Earnhardt Jr., as a show of solidarity.

Because of my trade, I clicked through to their job board. And then I found this ... a compendium of easy to use, sensible, logical tips for doing well in an interview at their company.

Really like the simplicity and wisdom of this list:
-- Research the company.
-- Research the position.
-- Be on time!
-- Check your appearance!
-- Practice!
-- Conversation!
-- Handshake.
-- Your resume.
-- Follow-Up.
-- Have Fun & Relax!

My biggest criticism is the writer was a little heavy with the exclamation points!

Other than that, I have, over the years expressed all of these statements many times to help candidates do well in interviews. The downloadable "interview tips" pdf files elsewhere on this site contain many of these points.

Kudos to adidas for publishing a tidy list of does and don't for candidates ... which is a great template for interviewing at other companies, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment